SEBI (Security and Exchange Board of India) regulates the securities market and assures that investors’ interests are protected by enacting regulations and guidelines. The Securities and Exchange Board of India is a regulatory agency that reports to the Ministry of Finance. It was founded in 1992 and is based in Mumbai. The SEBI Grade A test is an all-India examination designed to select suitable candidates for the post of Securities manager or assistant manager.
The job roles include understanding the stock market’s guidelines and regulating it with proper policies. This exam acts as a stepping stone to SEBI employment, and is a fantastic opportunity to join this distinguished organisation.
Before applying for any SEBI Grade A Assistant Managerial position, candidates can check their qualifying criteria. Candidates with Indian citizenship are eligible to apply. BYJU’S Exam Prep is a great resource for the preparation of SEBI Grade A exam. You must visit the website to practice mock test, online courses, etc.
Students from six recognised streams are eligible for the SEBI examination. These streams include Legal, IT, Engineering, Research, Languages and General (Candidates from other recognised disciplines, CA, CFS, CFA and others.)
The candidate must meet the age requirements of the official notification’s release date. The following are the age requirements:
- The upper age limit is 30, which means the candidate must have been born on or after March 1, 1991.
- There are certain age relaxations based on different criteria, such as for SC/ST category candidates, the age relaxation is 5 years, while for OBC candidates, the age relaxation is 3 years.
- Similarly, for Disability candidates, the age relaxation is for 10 years.
- Ex-Army and Domicile of Kashmir candidates can also apply for the SEBI Grade A Examination. It has an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Suppose the disabled candidate is from the SC/ST category. In that case, the age relaxation criteria are increased to 15 years, while for such candidates coming from the OBC category, the age bar is increased to 13 years.
There will be three stages to the recruitment process. The test dates for all three SEBI Recruitment stages are mentioned on the concerned websites. Those who pass the Phase 1 exam are invited to take the Phase 2 examination, and those who pass the Phase 2 exam are invited to the Interview round.
The initial phase is simply a screening round that serves as a filter to identify students who are best equipped to participate in the second phase. The primary selection phases of the exam are Phase 2 and the Interviewing rounds. SEBI Assistant Managers are chosen among the applicants who score the highest in Phase 2 and the interview stages.
Shortlisted candidates can choose between a Hindi or English interview. Marks earned in Phase II will be given an 85 percent weightage, while marks received in the interview will be given a 15 percent weightage.
The latest information on the SEBI Grade A examination is available on BYJU’s Exam prep app. You can also prepare for your exams using BYJU’s Exam Prep app and ace your examinations